1. You make your own life. Steve Jobs had a tough start in life. He wasn’t born into a privileged family and experienced many serious blows in life. However, instead of complaining or becoming a victim he created the life he wanted to have.
2. Life rewards people who dream big dreams. When other people thought things couldn’t be changed, he saw this as merely an opportunity to dream big dreams, and to create something new.
3. It doesn’t really matter who you are or where you are. The thing that matters most is that step out and do something! For example, Steve Jobs developed Apple in his parents’ garage, when no-one knew or cared who he was.
4. It’s not only qualifications that matter. According to Jobs (who didn’t finish his degree) perseverance matters more than certification. Of course, having both is an advantage in life but there are lots of billionaires who succeed for other reasons. For example, working hard and being creative are key components, too.
5. Live life to the fullest while you still have breath – As none of us knows when our life will end.
6. Stop listening to others who want to detract you from going for living your life fully, and reaching for your dreams. There are plenty of people who would like to see you fail, or to see you going nowhere, so you make nothing of life. Don’t allow them to detract you from your dream.
7. Don’t underestimate the impact you can have – Steve Job’s ideas and products have transformed the world – and the chances are he had no idea of the influence he would have on society.
8. Follow your passion and do what you love. It’s easier to work, and to persevere, if you’re following your passion and doing what you love. You feel motivated to keep on going, and to do what it takes achieve your best in life.
Original post: http://onlinecounsellingcollege.tumblr.com